Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tuscarora Tuesday



A Lovely Little Trio of .......

purses?

needlecases?

I'm not sure, but they are lovely all the same......


I especially like the way the artist designed the motif so when the purse is closed, the design is continued.


With the velvet worn, you can see the underlying paper used as the interfacing.
The very first beadwork class I took was a whimsy pillow and I remember being shocked that the velvet was glued to a regular old grocery bag. But it worked!


If you look very closely at the motif edges, you can see the paper pattern underneath the beads.
And speaking of trios.....here I am with my sister and mom on Mother's Day! lol

P.S. The book that is tucked under my arm I read in one day - never have I done that before! It's called Saving CeeCee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman. The cutest story ever! Oh, and my mom and I are holding the socks she was knitting - they are done now and she has started her second pair all by herself! And she called me crazy for knitting socks......ha, now she's addicted!
Bead Happy and Often :)



4 comments:

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Hi Lynn! Gorgeous trio of purses and people! So the velvet is stitched to the paper & the beading is stitched through both layers?

I have never knitted socks, but I have heard they are very addicting!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Seems like everyone that knits socks just keeps on knitting more. They look fun and warm but I don't knit.

Nice pic of you three. Lucky you.
xx, Carol

Olga Pavlova said...

Great trios! Please stop by my blog when you get a chance, I have a little award for you!

Anonymous said...

Hello Lynn,

I see all is well with you. Love the picture of you women in the family. I remember you sharing about your Mom having trouble with knitting and you helping her. Now it is finished! I like the thought of two large needles working and creating something really beautiful out of thread but I'm always intimidated with it.

I haven't read the book you mentioned. It must really be an good read cause you seem to can't put the book down and finished it in just a day! :-)

I also haven't dropped by in a while. Things and unexpected things happened. But it's nice to visit and see friends in blogland. It helps, in a way, brighten the day.

Mizpah,
Li

(I look forward to the necklace you're making. It's exciting to see what you come up with from the inspiration dress :-) )