Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Monday, February 7, 2011

Bundle Up Baby

I came across this beaded doll kit I bought years ago at a Lace Guild Seminar. 

At the time I bought it, I had no idea how to bead.  I just thought maybe 'someday' I would learn.   The directions were pretty sketchy and vague.   I had no clue how to start, so I promptly added it to the 'yeah right' pile and forgot about it.

Fast forward a few years and a few (ok more than a few) bead classes later, and it was time to shake the dust off the kit and just do it!  I wasn't real keen on the colors and added some of my beads and didn't use all the bead choices in the kit.

Here's her backside.

I didn't know what I was going to do for the face, until I came across this dichroic (I'm sure I butchered the spelling of that) cab with the same colors as the beads in just the right size.  Perfect.

Her hair cracks me up.  Reminds me of a clown.

She's a tiny little thing and needs a name.  Suggestions anyone?

3 comments:

Robbie said...

she really is cute!!! Actually the beading is wonderful...what a fun piece isn't it. I think you need to make more 'blue' pieces so you have a set!

Roberta Warshaw said...

Oh she is adorable!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

She is adorable! I think her hair is fun--I can just imagine the hours that took to style, LOL! You probably know I love purple & she looks rather regal, but I have no idea for a name.