Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Friday, September 3, 2010

Promises Promises

I am so SICK of summer. 
There. 
I said it. 
I can't believe I said it. 

I know that when the wind is whipping the snow around and it is dark at 4:30 p.m. until 7:30 a.m. I will be kicking myself for thinking this way.  But the heat and humidity this summer has dragged me down into a pit of the blahs. 

My body isn't made for the heat.  My head pounds at the slightest bit of exertion.   My ankles and feet swell and it actually hurts to walk.  I'm tired of having a sweat mustache.    Ever try blowdrying your hair while you're sweating?  (my hair must be blown dry, trust me - I have the worst hair on earth!) 

I miss walking my dog.  I miss digging in the garden (technically now a jungle).  I miss feeling energized and motivated.    I miss beading and knitting and zentangling.  I don't even feel like doing what I love.  I try.   Really, I do.  Mind over matter and all that.   But after 10 minutes I'm drained.  I wind up sitting on the couch with the fan blasting reading through a magazine or staring at the TV.  Soooooo not me!

I want to wear my knitted socks and my ultra-comfy stretch jeans with a long sleeve T shirt and walk the dog.    I want to go hiking into the Niagara Gorge and watch the rapids.   I want to bake and cook!   I want to clean my house.  What?!  Clean the house?  Oh my, the heat has definitely melted my brain.

The weather forecaster says I'll get my wish.  Tomorrow the forecast is for a high of 68 degrees!!  WHOO HOO!   

(thanks for listening to me whine - anybody got any cheese to go with that???)

4 comments:

Craftymoose Crafts said...

I'm right there with you. I can't wait for Fall to set in or at least the cooler temps promised after Earl passes by.

Robbie said...

We had a beautiful 'fall' day today! Mid 70's and it's only 64 now with a great wind! My kind of weather!! I'm still sitting in shorts but hubby CLOSED the windows on me!!!! He's sitting here in long pants!!! I'll have to wait until he falls asleep (trust me he will!) then I'll open the window and finish watching TV and bead! Fall or spring are my favorite times of the seasons. I'm with you Lynn..I really, really dislike sweating! It just drains you! And you just don't smell so good! Hang in there!!!

Bellesanbeaus said...

OH I so agree with you...can't wait for fall/winter to come. I guess it could have beenworse...we all could have come down with the hot flashes this summer! I promise not to whine too much this winter...well maybe a grumble or two when those huge heat bills come in...but for the most part I can't wait! Have an awesome weekend and Happy Labor Day. Big hugs Beth

Amy F said...

I'm with you - summer is my least favorite season. not even corn on the cob and tomatoes can redeem it!