Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tuscarora Tuesday

This beauty is in pretty sad shape, but still amazing.

I noticed the same 3 line edging that is on my class project is used here. 
It's a similar design, with all the filling in between the motifs. 
I really like that basketweave/lattice stitch. 
There seems to be a leaf and stem by each of the  flowers. 

And the bird nest flower appears to use 2 shades of white beads. 
 The outline looks more opaque to me.

I was surprised to see the raised rope actually has a paper outline. 
That couldn't have been too easy to cut out!

Bead Happy and Often :)

3 comments:

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Still in the process of trying this myself, I have an increased respect for these beaders. That piece is amazing-so intricate and crammed full of beaded beauty!

(Finished the top wings of my butterfly--you were right--it looks better (right) after it was completed!)

Robbie said...

That piece is beautiful..does this belong to you or was it being shown in your class? Just lovely...

Plays with Needles said...

I love this one!! Gorgeous!