Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Monday, June 1, 2009

A fair trade

My mom just loved her bracelet and earrings and they looked great on her! So we were knitting away and she says "oh I found some more beads" (she 'gave up' beading for paper arts) and she then pulls out this huge carrying case loaded with all kinds of beads - all color coordinated! It was like Christmas!


Here it is opened - its huge!




Just one of the 4 compartments - this one is all earth tones and black/white. Awesome.

The other compartments are filled with pinks/purples, greens and blues.
All different shapes and sizes. Such fun!



But here's the 'catch':
She then pulls out some necklaces that she made and asks me to make her some earrings to go with them.

. . . . . Of course I will - just as soon as I get better at it.


I worked up this pair from an earring pattern on Auntiesbeads.com. The directions were very precise and easy to follow and all the earring supplies needed are listed right under the instructions.








I am really bad at the whole loop making wire wrapping bit. I love the earrings themselves, its the workmanship that could use some help.


Luckily my mom told me she's not in any hurry, because it may be awhile until I get the technique under control.

4 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Lucky you to come into such wonderful loot!! I am sure we will be seeing them soon!

*~tabby~* crooked heart art said...

hi lynn
look at those beads!!
JACKPOT!
and all wonderfully sorted-pure treasure :)
great earrings and i love your moms necklaces~ you two are sure the talented pair :)
enjoy your day
tabby :)

GraceBeading said...

Wow... what a great stash to have from your mother. And more wonderful earrings. I'm really glad I was able to plant myself in front of the computer today to catch up on some blogs. Wonderful eye candy here (as always!)

Mzuribeads said...

Hello, great blog. I just want to leave a note to let everyone know about our fabulous paper beads.
Mzuribeads have been individually hand rolling beads from recycled paper to make unique beads and jewellery from the village of Ndejje in Uganda for over three years. I would like everyone interested in the art of rolling paper beads to visit our website, where you can locate a stockist near you or goto our online shop to buy our loose paper beads and paper bead jewellery. http://www.mzuribeads.com Thank you, Kirstie