Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Forgotten Project . . .




I was going through a little tote bag I had in my studio (one of many), and I came across a whole bunch of beads that I had completely forgotten about. They belong to a 'sweetgrass doily' that never got finished. I dug out the doily and still am not crazy about it, which is the reason why it was never finished. I need to sew the fabric back on and sew a beaded fringe around the edge. It was a class I took probably 2 years ago, and the fringe is really neat, but truthfully, I have no idea what I would do with it after it's finished. So back to storage it goes.....

6 comments:

Tracey Leeder said...

OOHHH Lynn, I have a solution for you since you dont know what to do with it - SEND IT TO ME!! I will be more than happy to take it off your hands. These are beautiful!

Tracey Leeder said...

How did you get the rounded look to your stitching? This is a technique i could use for my november page. It would be perfect! I was thinking about laying down some sort of thin cord and embroidering the beads over it to give it that half-rounded dimension. Does that sound similar to what you did? Seriously girl, you need to finish this. Your beadwork is astonishing on this one! Wish we had classes like that around here. Hugs!!

Lynn said...

Tracey -- the rounded effect is made by laying a foundation line of beads and then embroidering a line of beads over/across the top - just like you thought. I imagine it would work with cording too. Let me know how you make out. I'm starting a new class on Tuesday from a different instructor, but still from the Tuscarora Nation - it's going to be a sampler card of different flower motifs. I can't wait - I love flowers!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Lynn:
I love birds so much and your embroidered ones are beautiful. How lucky you are to have classes available to you. No one near me even acts like they know what bead embroidery it! Love your work.

GraceBeading said...

Oh... I LOVE this! It is amazing! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with flowers.

Jackie (Tillie's Daughter) said...

Lynn, I think this is just great.
One day you will pull it out, finish it and just love it.
Truly, it is a great piece.