Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Belle's (Beautiful) Chair

I went to a local estate sale last week and fell in love with this one chair.  WAY out of my budget for a chair that I really didn't need.

Thanks to the generosity of the son of the woman who had passed, he offered me the chair at a price that I couldn't resist.  (Thanks Bill!!)

He told me the chair belonged to his grandmother, Belle, and it was a chair designed in a way to allow the ladies to sit without crunching their gigantic skirts which were so in fashion back then. 


(Ok, so now I know I should go research in what year those huge hoop skirts were in fashion....but if that's what you need to know, by all means go find out and let me know.....not that I'll remember!)
That's just a card I got notifying me of a gift subscription to Where Women Create magazine I tucked behind the net.

Regardless of its age, I love it and am beyond happy it now graces the corner of my ever-evolving bead studio.

~Bead Happy and Often~

1 comment:

Robbie said...

Well, how cool is that!!! And the chair looks as if it was made for your 'bead room'!!! What a keepsake to have isn't it!