Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Do Bee do Bee do

Say What?

Now that my first BJP of 2012 was completed, I needed to get my Bee together so a random "Kind" flower had some meaning to it.

I must have been delirious when I started, because I reverted back to my 'old' way of doing things.  Using posterboard and pellon rather than a piece of Nicole's beadbacking.  After sketching out my bee and finishing the one wing, I realized I needed to color the black sections or the white pellon was going to show too much. 

I alternated between a rope stitch for the yellow stripes and a baby stack of size 8 and size 11 on the black.  Using a matte/opaque bead along with a 'bling' finish bead helped with the texture too.

His head is all stacks so he is a bit furry, just like a real bee.  I used sequins for his eyes.  The left eye outline was a bit off kilter, but I did take it out and redo it after this pic was taken. 
After he was trimmed up, I was going to give his wings some drama by adding these vintage drop beads, but I didn't really like the way it looked.  The simple two-bead edge in clear and silver lined was enough. 

I figured my garden should have a dragonfly or two, so I used some dragonfly fabric I had in my stash for the backing.

I have a feeling there might be a butterfly and a bird joining the garden before the year's end......oh, maybe a ladybug too! (no flies though.  I don't like flies)

See his eye is all fixed now :)

 Much better

BE Kind ......everyday.  

~ Bead Happy and Often ~

6 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Verrrrry cool! and a verrrrry unique idea. Of course, your beading is perfection. One of my famous sayings is "get your bee wings on" (find out what you need to know).

I'll remember to be kind. After a while, its second nature.
xx, Carol

Craftymoose Crafts said...

I love your unique theme! And your talent and patience in beading!

Helena said...

So cute)
Very-very nice!

Helena_VS
*)

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

This is going to bee a bee-utiful set! Great ideas.

Robbie said...

Just wonderful!!! Workmanship is as well!!! Clever design....

CharmN Jewelry said...

That is a great one...Be kind is a very good thought and decorated so beautifully ...love the beading work which you have done...needs a lot of patience along with expertise.Gold Charm