Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

BJP 2011 November - Connecticut

I've said it before, and I'll say it again (and again, I'm sure!).  Thank Goodness for the Bead Journal Project.  It has given me the kick in the pants to bead.  I think back to a few years ago when that's all I did in every spare second of my day - Bead. 

Morning, Noon and Night.

 Any chance I got, I would bead.  I was addicted. 

 I still am addicted, don't get me wrong.  As soon as I sit down and pick up that needle, I'm sucked right back into the addiction.  Its just that the 'sitting down' part doesn't happen as often as it used to.  But the BJP nags at me and draws me in to just sit a bit and lose (find?) myself in the beading.

This month's State quarter turned out to be Connecticut.  I've only been to Connecticut on business - the Hartford/Glastonbury area.  And it is GORGEOUS!  I mostly remember how green it was and it seemed like every house was surrounded by a low stone wall that seemed to have been there since forever.  Being the rock-hound that I am, I would have loved to have studied those walls and taken pictures, but when you're travelling for business, you just don't do things like that. 

My original thought was to create little walls and fill in around them with green fringe type of stitches.  And as usual, the beads led me somewhere else.

OK, so my walls look more like paths, but to me they are stone walls.  Lots of them, all jumbled together. 

And my grassy patches turned into what looks like a tree - must have been that tree on the quarter influencing my stitches.

Even though my finished piece is far from what I envisioned, it still "works" - for me at least!

Have you registered for the 2012 BJP? 

~ Bead Happy and Often ~

5 comments:

Tracey Leeder said...

Gorgeous Lynn! I always look so forward to your posts. I love how you used the green beads and I think your walls are wonderful too. I am glad to see you are coming back for next year. I will be anxiously waiting to see what beautiful creations you will make for next year. Hugs!

Karin Slaton said...

I've SO enjoyed reading about your project with the BJP this year! You've inspired me to follow the link and join for 2012.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Beautiful! I hope at the end, you will do some kind of photo mosaic of all the pieces!

Anonymous said...

That is gorgeous! Your series has really been truly inspirational. The BJP was the first thing to go when things got tough on my end, I was disappointed, but also knew I had been to aggressive in my plan, since I really never beaded before! LOL.

I LOVE your embroidery and concepts and thanks for the reminder abou the 2012 project, I'm going to do it, but in a more modest way, lol.

Susan Elliott said...

No siree Lynn...I didn't see paths at all. My first thought was stone walls!! And then, how the heck did she get the look of stone walls...and now I find myself enlarging the picture, and analyzing your choice of beads, colors and placement. Ingenious. And on such a small piece. I always enjoy coming here! xo Susan