Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Sunday, July 24, 2011

BJP July 2011 - Nevada

We interrupt the regularly scheduled State Quarter to announce that a new state has joined the journal--NEVADA......

I didn't even think about the fact that I have been to a new state this year until I was fishing for loose change in the bottom of my purse and I pulled out the Nevada state quarter.  With the inspiration still fresh in my mind, I knew exactly what I would bead.  I know, I know, I promised myself I would pull a quarter from my little jar without prejudice and go with whatever came to mind, but really, I just had to break my own rule.  This piece was just screaming to be made!

Although jetskiing on Lake Mohave in Nevada was one of (many) highlights of my trip, this magnet would not be about that.  Oh no, it could only be about this:

 The Chandelier Lounge in the Cosmopolitan resort in Vegas.  I was (am) in love with this place.  

 Being inside was literally like sitting inside a 3-story chandelier.  It was beyond amazing. 

I don't know who came up with the design, but they should get an award.  Patrick and I stopped in just for one drink, and wound up spending the whole evening there - only left when they told us they were closing for the night.   I could have moved in and lived there.

I don't have any pictures from inside, the night we were there I (surprisingly!) did not have my camera with me.  But trust me, the inside was even more spectacular than the outside.

I hunted my stash and pulled out all the crystal swarovski and clear beads I could find.  I fringed

and looped

and draped my way around the circle.

Looking at this month's piece takes me right back to Vegas  . . . .  and wanting a margarita surrounded by crystals and the company of my favorite cousin.  ~sigh~

7 comments:

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Beautiful piece! So much has changed since I was last in Nevada! That chandelier is spectacular!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! I just love your state pieces! I've never been to Vegas, but know I want to go even more!

Bellesanbeaus said...

Wowsie wow wow wow!!! I have never been to Vegas but your piece is so beautiful I may have to go visit! Hope all is well in your world! Big hugs

Robbie said...

Well, how cool is this!!! You've captured the Chandelier Lounge perfectly!! So sad when vacation/get together's are over..but now you have another memory!

Barbara said...

Oh my, seeing that chandelier must have been an experience(!) and now you can re-live it in your lovely piece! It's beautiful!

kaysim said...

That's fabulous! Just like Vegas.

Tanya said...

New to your blog, and so glad I stumbled across it. I live in Vegas - your NV quarter is perfect...The Chandelier Bar is stunning, isn't it?! 6 MILLION crystals in all, in the three story bar - the two round, glass elevators at each side (my husband's company put all the escalators and elevators in The Cosmo) cost $1 million, apiece.

Heading off to gawk at more of your beautiful beadwork...have a wonderful Friday - Tanya