Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Hey Friends!

I have just been running around like a crazy woman (hmm, if the shoe fits.......) lately.  I haven't beaded, blogged or read blogs in what seems like forever!   And dusting?  Nope, haven't had time for that either as you can see by the note my daughter left me on the top of my bead cabinet.


A house becomes a home when you can write I Love You in the dust

But I have a bit of time this morning, so here's an update on what's been happening in my little world:

First off, my Spring piece has been officially set aside.  I know, I know, I HATE to do that!  I have way too many UFOs and I really really try to finish what I've started.  But everytime I tried to work on it, I just wasn't feeling the love and it just wasn't turning out the way I wanted.  I was all excited to make up this seed bead mix from 3 different greens I had in my stash:


And thought it would make great grass to surround the middle of the piece and it was all going along just fine and then my thread got all tangled up and I just got annoyed so made the decision to move on to something new. 




Since it's April (already!!), I chose my next State quarter for the Bead Journal Project.  Arizona.  I won't say too much about it now, because I'll wait til my 'official' post when its done, but here's the beads I've chosen to use:

And then I got my sweet little vintage lady cab from Beth and she is just begging to be put on a box lid.  Of course, I don't have a box yet, so she just looks at me and waits patiently for some attention.


I love her calm expression.  I look at her and just feel my tension release.

My Mom and Dad live on a golf course, and my Mom was out filling the bird feeders and saw some balls laying around on the course, so she collected them for me......

64 balls in about 20 minutes of collecting!  Too funny!  I've gotten to the indoor driving range a few times and am just waiting for the weather to break a bit more so I can get back out on the course.  Just thinking about it makes me relax.  I love to golf.  I'm not good at it, but love it all the same.

Lastly, I made the decision to get rid of my GMC Envoy.  With all the driving I've been doing, I just couldn't afford to keep filling the tank every 3 - 4 days at over $60 every fill up.  It was disgusting the amount of $$$ I poured into that tank.  

I learned to drive on a car with a standard transmission and always drove a stick shift until I had the girls and I really missed driving a standard.  So I knew my 'new' car would have to be a stick shift.  Well, apparently I'm part of a dying breed of drivers because there wasn't a whole lot of standard transmission cars to choose from (at least in my price range!).    

Although I'm not picky about what I drive, I never thought I'd be behind the wheel of a red - and I mean RED  - car.

But I am and I love it!!


Be a lifesaver - become an organ donor
 Well that's a wrap - gotta get in my sweet little ride and get myself to the eye doctor and then a special treat from my friend Joan:  I'm going for a mani-pedi.  Aaahhh, let the pampering begin......I sure could use it (just hope I don't fall asleep in the chair)!

Hope to get some time tonight to visit all of your blogs.  Am dying to see what everyone has been doing these past few weeks......I think of you all so much throughout my days.

~Bead Happy and Often~

8 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

Busy, busy! Your spring project was looking pretty. :) Congratulations on the new, more gas efficient vehicle. I too prefer the standard transmission so I understand! Best of luck staying on top of the dusting. Household chores never go away! ~Val

Crazy Mama said...

so good to see a post from you lynn! love the green mix...i just made a necklace with a green mix too. doesn't beth make the most awesome cabs? along with the green, i used one of her cabs in my latest project too. her work can really make something stand out! i hope you have time soon to come by and see it. me being in arizona i'm anxious to see what you do with your quarter for the april bjp. cute little ride! you'll save soooooo much money! and as for the dust...makes it "homey" :) that's what my house is!!! lol big hugs!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Busy, busy time of year! Love the car! We are almost at $4/gal here--we drive a minivan, so I hear you on the gas. We need to keep it at least 3 more years while our daughter is in college.

Beth's face cabs are just amazing! Looking forward to seeing what you do with yours and the April challenge piece.

flyingbeader said...

A hot sweet wee car! I know what you mean about gas tanks. I drive an Element & it was outrageous when I was working downtown so four years ago when gas got over $3 a gallon, I changed jobs. Now I gas up once every two weeks instead of twice a week. Saves money to buy bead, right?

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see Arizona!!

bead addict said...

I was just admiring your super shiny new car when I noticed the little grey cat in the corner of the pic - so sweet!
Thanks for your great comments on my blog and following me back by the way.
Enjoy driving that fab new car :-)

DVArtist said...

Great post Lynn! It always warms my heart to see you using my Nicole's BeadBacking. Don't forget my birthday sale April 27.
Now I love your Red car!! I do believe it fits your style perfectly. I am with you, give me a stick shift every time. My Honda Fit is automatic and for the first 6 months I hated it. Glad I have it now with my broken foot. LOL
You sound happy.
Nicole/Beadwright

Denise said...

Wow!! I see the juggling balls I beaded a few years back! That is so cool to see them in a good home! Funny about the dust - I just wrote a note in the dust to my daughter (whose turn it was to do the chore)!
Cheers, Denise