Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Giving and Receiving

Meghan surprised me this morning with this adorable bracelet she found on Etsy:

Love it! 
Love Her!

I finished Donna's bracelet this morning.  After ripping out the beige seeds, I decided to fill in the background with the boucle (carpet) stitch in clear seeds with just a sprinkling of silver lined and clear gray here and there. 

It was impossible to get a good shot, so you'll have to trust me on the sprinklings!   Maybe if you click on the pic to zoom in you'll be able to see them.

The center cabachon is a vintage piece I found at an estate sale. 

I hope she loves it.....or at least likes it enough to wear it occasionally!

Here's what the overall design looks like before it was mounted and edged in the 4 mm Swarovski rounds:


Well, its after noon already am I'm still in my pajamas.  Pete and the dogs are bugging me to get myself in the shower so we can get to the woods for a walk about.  After constant rain yesterday we woke up to about 4 inches of snow.    I am sooooo ready for spring! 

~ Bead Happy and Often ~

5 comments:

Craftymoose Crafts said...

I love the lady bugs on your new bracelet!

The one you created is gorgeous as is all your work! I'm sure it will be well loved!

We've been having lots of warmer temps & now rain. Our snow is nearly gone! Hope that is the end of it.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Donna's bracelet turned out super. I like to use the boucle stitch occasionally and it really enhanced the vintage focal.

Nice gift from Meghan too.

Szikati said...

Be sure, she WILL love it... It's so beautiful!!!!!!

Robbie said...

She is going to love this cuff!!! It's wonderful! I'm just catching up on blog reading! Lovely..funny story about the beads being 'beige'! Go figure, right! love the colors you did end up with.

Isabel Fr Garcia said...

me encanta la pulsera,me recuerda
las antiguas de la moda victoriana
muy bonita.