Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Oh I'm so touched.....

Well, I was just getting ready to post about my cuff bracelet progress, and I saw that I had 6 comments to review.  (After a nasty "anonymous" commented on one post, I want to see any comments before they were published)

So I check these new comments......and.....well......I have to admit I got a little teary (I'm a crier, I admit it freely). 

You ladies ROCK!!!!  Thank you so much for all the love.  It's so so nice to know that you are interested in what I am doing and I really consider you all friends.  Really. Truly.  I still struggle with the weirdness of saying I'm a friend with someone whom I've never met face to face, but the fact is, I do consider you friends.  I just wish I could meet each of you and give you a heart-felt hug.  (ok, so I'm a hugger too!)  Just to actually hear your voices and laugh together....now that would be a blast! 

I'm always a little hesitant to expose "me" through my blog, I feel like I should just stick to my beadlife.  I guess I don't expect anyone to really care about my "life"life - but are just looking for some eye candy, inspiration, etc.  You girls make me realize that my blog is more than just about the beading.  Its about making friends, finding kindred spirits.  ~sigh, what could be better than that?

So, anyway, here's the cuff mounted:


click to enlarge



Just waiting for the glue to dry real well before I put on the edging.

Ok, and now a little slice of my "life" life:

As many of you know, my daughter Hannah had a very rough sophomore year due to a gang of girls whose only purpose in life was to torment her in any way they could [and the school administration (and the entire court system, actually) were complete failures in stopping it]. 

So returning to her school was completely out of the question.  I am beyond happy to say that Hannah started at her new school yesterday and I have to say, she is a changed person.  The happy, bubbly, chatter box is back!  She was literally bursting with relief and happiness that the kids AND the teachers AND the entire staff are the nicest people ever.  Do you have any idea how it feels to hear this ????!!!!  Talk about RELIEF!  I think I'm happier than she is :)    I wish I could turn back the clock 2 years and have her start in that district as a freshman! 

Back to the laundry.......

Bead Happy and Often!

11 comments:

DVArtist said...

Hey first off I do remember all of the trouble with Hanna, well not with Hanna but against Hanna. It was awful for her and you. I am so happy to know she is in a good school. It makes all the difference in the world. The experience she had will make her a stronger, and more compassionate woman. As for blogging and friendships. I do not know what I would do without people like you and the other amazing women I have come to call sister. All through blogging. I have met some of these people and they are just as amazing in real time as in cyber time. I know a woman here in Florence that meets up with 10 or so cyber friends every year. They come from all across the country and choose a differnt meeting palce each year. How cool would that be?
Your cuff is reminiscent of one I did a few years ago. There is nothing like black and white. I love it!!!

Have a great day today.
Nicole/Beadwright

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Hi Lynn
We feel that we are your friends. Nope, don't just come here for eye candy. I think you know that about ME anyway. Friends supporting friends.

I'm so glad to hear that your daughter is going to be able to put the bullies behind her.

You know that my teen grandsons live with me. We had that bully deal with the oldest last year. Then he started MMA training and the bully ran with his tail between his legs. It was a good solution for him, but I don't know what we would have done if it couldn't have been resolved. Its a tough age. Much worse than when we were in school.

Take good care. The cuff is fab. I always love to see your bead work.
xx, Carol

moonlitfantaseas said...

I'm so glad to hear you have Hannah is a different school, my daughter suffered through the same kind of situation back when she was in high school....I don't know why kids are so mean, life is hard enough with out people like that, your cuff is really looking beautiful! I just love it

Crazy Mama said...

oh you just don't know how relieved i am to hear that hannah has started off on the right note this year. i am so glad she is surrounded by good people who can bring out the best in her!

lynn, i don't make friends very easily...never have. but with you it has been easy. i so love to chat back and forth, and through our beading and our families we do have some things in common. it is always such a pleasure and a "day brightener" when i get a note from you. wish i could give you a big hug!!!

as for your bracelet...just gorgeous!!! your work is so inspiring to me. you are an awesome all around person!

beadbabe49 said...

The cuff is just wonderful and I'm soooo happy that hannah is in a new school that she likes!

Shenny said...

The cuff is really beautiful! I love the colours, they look awesome with this labradorite :)

Craftymoose Crafts said...

I am so so happy for Hannah AND you! I wanted to ask how she was doing, but did not want to open "old wounds". I am sure you heard that the Governor just passed and "anti-bullying" law a few days ago. Too little, too late.

I find it very difficult to share me in my blog posts also--except for fluffy stuff. But I will tell you, here, privately, that I was bullied in high school too--with nothing done about it--so I know all too well how it feels. It affects me to this day and I pray that your daughter is able to put it behind her.

Hugs, Deb

Karyn said...

Wow you have done an amazing job Lynn. I love the clear beads over the cab - you have created a lace like effect.

It's amazing how many wonderful people you can meet through the blogging world. I have only been blogging for nearly 2 years and have met some amazing people who I now consider friends.

Don't be discouraged by nasty anonymous comments. Obviously if they can't even be brave enough to leave a name then they aren't worth worrying about.

Keep smiling!

Karyn

Robbie said...

And a huge HUG back to you Lynn..I miss when you don't blog (either about your beading or your life)! I too feel like my blogger friends are priceless and are wonderful folks!! Therefore, we are interested in each others lives and art! So nice to know Hannah is having the start of a great year!!!! It will be a wonderful year for her! Love the cuff mounted!!! Looking forward to seeing the beaded edge.

Eva Maria Keiser said...

Beautiful cuff designs, excellent color transitions!

Susan Elliott said...

I am SO relieved to hear how Hannah's story turned out. Good for her...she deserves to have a wonderful time in high school.

Your beaded cuff turned out beautifully Lynn. Not only are you a beading master...but you have a real eye for finishing your pieces. They are always so professionally presented. wonderful.