Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Moving On

Thank you all for the encouragement!

 I woke up at 2:13 a.m. and immediately felt the pity party starting.  I got up so as not to wake Pete and after having myself a good cry, was going to get on line to distract myself and see what everyone has been up to here in blog land.  As (bad) luck would have it, my computer has taken ill -- the dreaded blue screen!!  OH NO! 

So, I put on my Ipod and pecked away at Twigs while trying not to allow the tears or the shaking hands from slowing me down.  He's looking good - almost done with his whole side :)

After spending the majority of the day yesterday on the phone trying to get to the bottom of this mess I did learn that the new school rejected Hannah because she was suspended last year.  Remember she was suspended as a result of 3 girls attacking her and therefore was involved in a fight - but the school doesn't care about the circumstances; just the fact that she was suspended is enough for them to deny admission.  Once I got over the anger at the unfairness of it, I actually felt good about it.  It made me realize this is a school that actually CARES about who is coming to their school!   

I signed my lease today and got my electrical service established.  Its a 6-month lease and my plan is to approach the School Board in 4 months and ask them to re-instate Hannah as a non-resident tuition paying student so that we can move back home and get our family back together.  I know Hannah will do me proud and give them no reason to see her as a 'delinquent'.  The poor kid just wants a fresh start and have the opportunity to make friends and actually learn, rather than being scared to death over who is waiting around the corner to harrass her. 

My Monday - Friday daily routine is going to go something like this:
Hannah will get the bus at 6:45 a.m., I'll leave the apartment and get home in time to see Meghan off to school, kiss my husband goodbye and wish Claire a good day at work, head to the office, go back to the apartment to get Hannah around 3 p.m., come back home to make dinner and have 'family time', return to the apartment around 9:30 ish for the night. 

I CAN DO THIS!!!     

4 comments:

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Yes You Can do whatever it takes! It may be hectic, but hopefully in time, you will be able to get back home. Hugs

Robbie said...

Yes,you can do this! And you will..we're all pulling for you and giving you our strength by way of our thoughts and prayers. Hang in there, Lynn!!!

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

It's so sad that you have to do that to keep her in that school. I agree that it's better that they care whom enters the school, but I wish they would have looked individually at the case. Great big HUGS!

ps...I can not wait to see twigs. =)

Susan Elliott said...

Here's to good women.

You are one.

You are raising one.

And I'm honored to know you.