Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Done!

Here is my 'donation' for next year's Beading for a Cure auction.



A sweet little evening bag, just big enough for the essentials.I really like it, but it is impossible to photograph, and of course, this year participants have to take their own pictures to submit. Figures I make something that just doesn't photograph well. I do have a light tent and will (eventually) set it up and spend some time getting some good shots, but right now, that's just beyond me. Luckily I have until August!


If you look closely, you will see that the stars are just slightly different. I reversed the colors of the beads. The star on the left has gold around the center pearl and the tips are gold. The star to the right has a purple center and purple tips.Since I didn't really have a full game plan set when I started, I wasn't exactly sure what kind of strap I was going to use or how to attach it.

Luckily the stars aligned (sorry, I couldn't resist) and it all came together without a hitch.



I found these super-strong magnets at the craft store, so I used them under the lining for the closure. So no fumbling with a snap, just press the flap down and it stays closed. I love that.

Don't forget this year's auctions are still in full swing. Please take a moment to pop over to see if anything catches your eye - and bid high for a good cause. The link is right at the top of my sidebar!


A huge and heartfelt THANK YOU to everyone for their concern and prayers for Hannah. You are all wonderful women and your friendship means the world to me!



13 comments:

Jewelry By Jessica said...

WoW. It's really gorgeous ^_^ I love it. I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter kids can be so mean. I'm 15 also, and am being home schooled because I got tired of all the drama of school. I just don't understand some people :( I hope things get better soon.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Its not just the purple...the purse is absolutely gorgeous! LOVE the lining too!! Another work of art.
XX, Carol

Crazy Mama said...

oh my gosh, lynn. this just blows me away! it is just simply stunning! i am quite sure this beautiful handbag will fetch a really substantial auction price. you amaze me!

Olga Pavlova said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!

GraceBeading said...

Holy cow woman... that turned out GORGEOUS! Love all the little differences in the stars, love the lining, love the handle and even the shape - is so neat. Safe to say I LOVE it!

You've outdone yourself (again), I hope it brings in a ton next year, I imagine there will be several of us bidding on it :-)

Hugs to you, hope it's a good day today.

Bellesanbeaus said...

I came to your blog via Miss Lisa from indigo's beads. If I can get my jaw off the floor to type....I will tell you your purse is heavenly!!! Wow is all I can think of!!! So sorry to hear of your daughters problems at school...so sad that the only education they seem to be getting these days are in defense or how to join a bully club. big hugs to you both...beth

flyingbeader said...

BEAUTIFUL!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

I love everything about this stunning bag--the beading, the color, the lining, the strap! Anyone will be lucky to win this baby!

Robbie said...

What a beautiful blog! And your work is as well!!! I found you through Lisa @ Indigo beads! So glad she linked to you!!

Anonymous said...

Hello Lynn,

I remember seeing sneak peeks of this purse - the stars and the beads :-) It is a beautiful purse. And yes, the magnet closure is a great idea. No need to fumble to close and open it.

I read your post about Hannah. When you first shared of it, I can feel and relate to the "bullying" of one person and the effect it gives. But when I read this story and how you described it - oh dear! Something this huge should be addressed and I certainly can't believe that the principal (the principal!) thinks it's something normal in a school's day and should not be bothered with.

I'm glad to hear that at least it was addressed and certain actions were done. But you're right, it is a process (can't believe either another incident is about to happen with different girls). I do hope and pray that Hannah won't be traumatized by this. Higschool life shouldn't be remembered like this. I really do hope and pray.

Mizpah,
Li

Debby said...

WOW!!! THis is absolutely gorgeous.
debby

Dees said...

just stumbled upon your blog through Indigo's beads... Read your post on your daughter Hannah. She must be one tough cookie! I was bullied at high-school and not even to the extent you write about. It takes courage to fight it and report over and over again! I wish you both all the best.

ps: love your beadwork too

peggy aplSEEDS said...

your work is always so amazing! what a show stopper!