Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Emerging

The memories of all the good times blanket my soul.

Layers and layers of laughter.

Like leaves on the forest floor. Memories that will eventually fade over time, but will never be forgotten.

For they give nourishment to the good times to come.

I feel my spirit emerging from those memories of laughter.

The sadness and bitterness less heavy.

Spring is in the air and in my soul.


My thoughts and energy now more fully directed to my three daughters.

Teenagers now, ready to disperse into the world, take root, and flourish.

Pete and I always there to support and cradle them with our love.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just by chance, I stumbled across that most-fantabulous dandelion art bead made by Kate of Studio Art Bead.
Claire (my oldest) has a tattoo across her back that she designed. 2 birds (representing Pete and I) holding a ribbon in their beaks that surround 3 dandelion puff flowers (representing Claire, Meghan and Hannah) whose seeds scatter across her back and eventually turn into birds. Needless to say when I saw Kate's bead - I immediately bought it!
P.S. I don't know why the link to Kate's blog isn't connecting right! So annoying. Her blog is organicodysseys.blogspot.com and her etsy store is OrganicOdysseys.etsy.com
For whatever reason blogger keeps changing the link I put in. I have NO idea why. Sorry about that.

8 comments:

Tumbleweed Trails said...

jWow, I love this piece pictured here. It is amazing.
Jody

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Your beading is a perfect representation of your family connection and release as your girls come of age. Sometimes the Universe just leads us to a place to find exactly what we are looking for. Don't you love it when that happens.

This is just an exquisite piece. Thanks for sharing your progress along the way.
xx, Carol

DVArtist said...

This piece just get better n better.

Love all aspects of it.

Nicole/Beadwright

Debby said...

WOW!!!! Your beading is awesome.
debby

Crazy Mama said...

your new dandelion bead is gorgeous! but more than that, i love the way you "adorned" it. it reminds me of a crown. it reminds me of a dandelion when you make a wish and blow off all the fuzz, but the first thing i thought of was a crown. glorious. i just keep going over and over your pics because i love the different types of stitches and techniques you use. i love your use of white space. well, let's face it...i just everything about your beading. and i also love how you are working your daughters into this piece. this box is definitely going to be a treasure.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

You came across the perfect bead! Your bead work is amazing!

manda said...

You are seriously talented! This piece is just so wonderful!!

Kate said...

Lynn I just came across this and am so happy that I made this bead, it must have been made just for you as it's the only one I've done with three seeds. In fact it only the second one I've done using the dandelion seeds as they are a bit tricky to work with. My first one had only one. I think it looks perfect with your beautiful beadwork and am thrilled to have been part of this in some small way! I love that they represent your daughters growing up and getting ready to float away into the world seeking their own place to plant themselves! And what a wonderful mother you must be preparing them for this and for commemorating it in such a beautiful way!

Kate
StudioARTBEAD.etsy.com