Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Monday, March 15, 2010

Beading For A Cure 2011

I am so happy to be in on next year's Beading for a Cure fundraiser. This will be my second year as a participating bead artist. I was a bit nervous wondering what the kit this year would contain. Last year's kit was gorgeous and it was so easy to make something beautiful with it. I was keeping my fingers crossed that the color story would be pretty. . . . and it is!


Look at these beauties!

Glorious! Simply Glorious!

I zipped over to my local fabric store for some inspiration.

Oohh baby - lookie what I found in the fat quarter bin!

Oh yes, indeed - that'll work.

Ironically, the clerk told me she just found it and put it in the bin not 10 minutes before I walked in the door. She's not sure where it came from and that was the only piece.

Timing is everything, I always say.

The rules allow for one bead type to be added to the kit. I knew my addition would be that bright blue hue and I just so happened to have some in my stash.


Here's a tiny peek of what I've got so far - a border of my favorite "zipper" stitch.



Ok, so I really don't know what the stitch is called (if anything), but I think it looks like a zipper, so that's what I call it :)

I hope everyone reading this will take the time to jump over to this year's auctions (see sidebar) and place a bid on a beautiful beaded piece. All proceeds go to the National Colorectal Cancer Research Alliance. Thanks!!

5 comments:

Bobbi Ann said...

Hi, What a wonderful cause and your work is beautiful! I can't wait to see your finished piece!
I hope that you have a great rest of your week!
Hugs and happy beading...
Bobbi

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Yep, you were led to that fabric for sure. It was meant to be yours. Gorgeous beads to work with too. Show me more....more....more!!
Carol

Crazy Mama said...

that fabric is just perfect for those beads. what a find! you were meant to have it. i am such a huge fan of yours, i can't wait to see what beaded treasure you create with this beautiful palette. i hope bfac raises a lot of money this year...such a worthy cause!

Justscraps aka: Jamie said...

your work is absolutly beautiful and I really love that beaded box! Im wondering what it was before you made it the work of art is currently is. I just started working with beads, Ive always been a crafter, beads are just my newest twist. I can hardly wait to see what you do with the new peice! Again I say this because its worthy of double noting, your work is WONDERFUL!

GraceBeading said...

Oh... I like what I see already, that fabric is beautiful and the added bead - perfect! I thought about adding a teal color and decided against it. I know this is going to be beautiful, I can hardly wait to see what you do with it!