Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Timing is Everything

Friday was just one of those crazy hectic work days and I was beat by the time I walked in the door; 2 1/2 hours later than I usually do. I was cranky. I admit that. Cranky; until I saw this envelope on my table.........



Hmm, what's this? Addressed to me. I didn't remember ordering anything. And then I saw the return address and smiled from ear to ear. Grace, an amazingly talented bead artist was sending me one of her fab creations-just because she likes me!



In the envelope was the nicest card and an inspiring poem (sonnet?) called "Imagine a Woman." As I read each line, I could just feel the tension release and my breath become slower. Cool. The power of the written word. Magic.



Now onto the Grace Creation. I was so excited, I just knew it was going to be wonderful! As I peeled through the bubble wrap, my anticipation mounting-a hint of purple peeking through and then - ta da! LOVE IT!!!!







Pinned that baby on my shirt and couldn't remember why I was so frazzled less than 3 minutes before. Bead Magic. Can't beat it.



Thanks Grace - You're the best!

3 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Hi Lynn
Congrats on the gift. Its beautiful. I just love what Grace does with a Cab.

GraceBeading said...

Bless your heart Lynn - I'm so glad you like it!

And that poem/sonnet - one of my favorites, I try to keep postcards of it on hand at all times.

Pursuing Art... said...

You were blessed by Amazing Grace! It is a beautiful brooch! Her beading is so exquisite!!!

Isn't that poem beautiful?!! I'm glad it eased your frustration...gifts like that always have a way of showing up when they should and always make us feel so good!